2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Hell over half the fanbase was in denial over the reality he was ready for the league and likely 1st round pick. All we heard was blah blah blah he ain't ready and needs another year at good old WSU. That was because of purely selfish fan motives.
    I don't think it was selfish reasons, I think a lot of the fans grew accustomed to Landry playing the point and didn't think about him being a 2 guard in the NBA. He was playing out of position here, but the best we had at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I don't think it was selfish reasons, I think a lot of the fans grew accustomed to Landry playing the point and didn't think about him being a 2 guard in the NBA. He was playing out of position here, but the best we had at the time.
      The majority of mock drafts had him late 1st and climbing. He had the NBA tools unlike ETN. To just ignore the draft experts is the epitome of denial and selfish fan motives.

Comment

He also finished the season poorly which many thought might drop him to the 2nd round. I think we all thought he was a first round talent but I don't think there was a consensus on him being that after that season. He was borderline from what I recall, but I also don't pay a lot of attention to the NBA in general and only see things here and there. I don't think it was selfish at all by fans. I think a lot believed one more year could have really elevated his status into a better draft position. I don't recall anyone doubting he was NBA talent; just felt that he would go from a borderline first rounder to a mid first rounder. I don't know how much of a financial difference that would have made, but I also remember that he wanted to take care of his mom who'd busted her ass to do what she could to help him achieve his dreams and see him do it as much as possible.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I wonder what Kentucky does? What a mess "senior night" could become.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Do you think the same for Landry? Not arguing your point, just curious. I would have liked to seen the school celebrate Landry before he got drafted.
            Senior night is for seniors, or in this day and age Pandemic juniors. Let's not get all YMCA, here is a participation ribbon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              I wonder what Kentucky does? What a mess "senior night" could become.
              Kentucky has seniors?!? Oh yeah, walk-ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Kentucky has seniors?!? Oh yeah, walk-ons.
                Walk ons get senior night, the other guys get their jerseys retired

Comment

• Of the 7 players on Kentucky who average double figures in minutes - 2 seniors, 4 juniors and a freshman. Don't let me interrupt the uninformed bashing with stats however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Of the 7 players on Kentucky who average double figures in minutes - 2 seniors, 4 juniors and a freshman. Don't let me interrupt the uninformed bashing with stats however.
                    That's cool. My intention wasn't to pick on Kentucky in particular, just acknowledge that there are quite a few schools who historically have a large number of guys leave early. That's it. And it's a good problem to have. Heck, now every college team has the same problem every year, only for sucky reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

That's cool. My intention wasn't to pick on Kentucky in particular, just acknowledge that there are quite a few schools who historically have a large number of guys leave early. That's it. And it's a good problem to have. Heck, now every college team has the same problem every year, only for sucky reasons.
                      I would love to have that problem. Get multiple one and dones each year and compete every single year as opposed to this dumpster fire Wichita is currently experiencing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                        Of the 7 players on Kentucky who average double figures in minutes - 2 seniors, 4 juniors and a freshman. Don't let me interrupt the uninformed bashing with stats however.
                        You looked it up?!?! Or did I touch a nerve.

Comment

Definitely wasn't a point guard, but man could he shoot coming off of a curl. That's what he did here, and what he does today in the NBA...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Definitely wasn't a point guard, but man could he shoot coming off of a curl. That's what he did here, and what he does today in the NBA...
                            He was definitely Mark Adams "shut up" guy for the Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You looked it up?!?! Or did I touch a nerve.
                              I mean I've bet quite a few Kentucky games so I've watched more then a few. I knew they had a lot of upperclassman...didn't know the exact numbers.

Comment

• Wasn’t sure where to put this, but if you’re interested, the mask mandate is being lifted at WSU tomorrow. Everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X